We welcome guests and anyone who would like to visit. For those who are new to Southern Hills Mennonite Church, here’s what you can expect on a typical Sunday..
Beginning at 9:20 with the prelude music, we invite you to enter the sanctuary quietly to pray, light a candle, or reflect. The service begins at 9:30. Components of a typical service include
- Music is an integral part of the service, as is emphasizing congregational community through open sharing of joys, concerns and prayer requests.
- Time with the Children – We welcome children and their parents at Southern Hills. Time with the Children typically includes a story or simple activity, normally for children ages 10 or under.
- After the Time with the Children, children age 5 and under (potty trained) are invited to the church nursery for the remainder of the service for children’s activities supervised by an experienced preschool teacher with over 15 years of experience of planning children’s activities.
- Offering – We do NOT expect visitors to contribute money in our offering, but everyone is given the opportunity to share prayer requests written on response cards located in the sanctuary.
- Prayer – We invite people to share joys and concerns verbally or on response cards.
- A 20 minute sermon with insights into scripture and life.
Hearing assist devises and large print bulletins are available on request from the ushers or greeters.